Baksa is one of the newly created Judicial Districts in the State of Assam. The Hon'ble Gauhati High Court has approved the proposed the accommodating the Judicial Courts at Mushalpur and the Judiciary System in Baksa was started in 6th day of January, 2018.
Baksa was notified as one of districts of BTC in October, 2003 while it started functioning from 1st June 2004 when Dr. Anwaruddin Choudhury of the Assam Civil Service took charge as its founder Deputy Commissioner.
The new Judicial Court building Baksa, Mushalpur inaugurated by Hon'ble Mr. Justice Ajit Singh, Chief Justice, Gauhati High Court in the august presence of Hon'ble Mr. Justice Hrishikesh Roy , Judge-in-Charge, Administrative Department, Gauhati High Court, Hon'ble Mr. Justice Manojit Bhuyan, Judge, Gauhati High Court, Hon'ble Mr. Justice Hitesh Kumar Sarma , Porfolio Judge, Baksa District on 6th day of January, 2018.
The Baksa District Court Complex consists of 9 (Nine) Courts, which are as below:
1. Court of District & Sessions Judge
2. Court of Additional District & Sessions Judge
3. Court of Civil Judge
4. Court of Chief Judicial Magistrate
5. Court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate
6. Sub-Divisional Magistrate(S),Baksa, Mushalpur.
7. Court of Munsiff .
8. Court of Judicial Magistrate First Class 1
9. Court of Judicial Magistrate First Class 2